Monday 24 March 2014

DIY Gift Idea #3: Coffee Jar Crafts (Anniversary Gift Idea) | Lifeasapetite


Boo!

To all you lovers out there, I thought I'd share a little gift I make for my anniversary with J. And the inspiration comes from a simple coffee jar.
DIY Coffee Jar Crafts (Anniversary Gifts) || Life as a Petite
Things you'll need
Coffee Jar
Wrapping Paper/Coloured Paper/Lucky Star Paper
Items that mean most to you and your significant other.
Scissors
Other optional craft tools e.g. glitter glue

It may all seem like a little muddle but I'll try to break it down.

I really like this jar because it basically has two compartments (if you're interested it is the Douwe Egberts Pure Gold Coffee). As I had been making these cute little stars since the day I started dating J (one each day, one jar for each year) I knew I'd fill the main compartment with them. But it was the second smaller compartment that I really liked, because I could fill it up with other special things. So I made a few bracelets and filled it with other things I thought were special.

DIY Lucky 3D Stars || Life as a Petite
Click HERE for the tutorial on how to make these magical lucky stars.
DIY Wrap Friendship Bracelet || Life as a Petite
CLICK HERE for a tutorial on how to make a wrap bracelet.

If you would like to make these for your significant other, then feel free :)

You don't have to fill the jar with stars or bracelets etc, just fill it with anything that you feel is special to your relationship :)

I'd love to see what you guys came up with.

Take care and speak soon :)



Bloglovin' || Twitter || Instagram || Pinterst

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Other DIY projects you might be interested in


17 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster award!

    http://swiftly-style.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post is such a cute gift idea!
    Also congratulations on receiving a liebster award!
    Hannah x
    www.hannahphilipson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank youu to both! Just going to have a look at your blog too :D x

      Delete
  3. Such a great idea! It's mine and my boyfriends first anniversary next month, I'm going to do this for him! xx

    http://emsbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you lovely :) Congrats! I'd love to see the end product :) You guys got anything special planned? :) xx

      Delete
  4. Filling a jar with handmade sparkly stars is so cute and sweet :) Congrats on having such a loving relationship with Josh! Thanks for the tutorials :) I'm following your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, you're very very kind :D And also for following me as well! I'm following your lovely blog too :) Can't wait for more posts! Thank you so much again for passing by :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love this idea, it's so personal and unique, I'll definitely try to do something like this for my next anniversary. I think handmade gifts are just so thoughtful. Thanks for the lovely tutorial xx

    Too Many Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stars are lovely, what a cute little idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We keep all those jars, they are totally fab.
    They can be also used for making a plant pot out of them with coloured sand, soil and stones inside for a small cacti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stars, such a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet idea - I tend to fill all my jars with food so nice to come across different ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely idea, love the little stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...