Sunday 29 June 2014

Petite Outfit #11 Casual Sunday (Casual)

Boo!

How has everyone's week been? :) The weather has been absolutely fantastic but I wanted to show you all a little casual Sunday outfit.

alma mottled structured day bag
Usually I would wear t-shirts with jeans or shorts, but I thought I'd spice things up a little bit with a blouse. I got this blouse from Forever21 in Hong Kong, and as they had a buy one get one free sale, I bought this top, and some smart shorts (as seen in THIS post) for $120 which is about £9! As a petite I prefer ¾ length shirts, I'm not sure why...do any of you ladies have a preference too?

Flats have always been 'in' but last year, ballet pumps were very hot. When I first saw them, I was wondering why people were wearing their ballet shoes out:p One of my friends actually had a pair so I asked her where she got them from: Topshop, and if I can recall correctly, they were £18 or so. I thought that was a little steep for some plain flats so found some for much cheaper from New Look. As I got them last year, I don't think they do the same anymore, but I have linked very similar ones below :) 
Casual Outfit Idea
This mint necklace was featured in my 'Mint Heaven for £20 post' HERE and I am still loving it - the colour, how it sparkles, and is just a fab way to lightened up an outfit :)

As you may know, I am a sucker for bargains. I try to either get things on sale or get them at good prices. I have never shopped at A&F or Hollister or Gilly Hicks, just because I find their things far too expensive for what you get...having said that, these jeans I'm wearing are from A&F. But (as a little cheat) J bought them for me whilst he was in America last year. Things there are so much cheaper, and these were on sale for £20!

Finally the bag. I've never really been a handbag sort of person, but since last year I've been slowly getting into them, esp more structured/squared shaped bags, like this one. I actually posted about this in my Boohoo Obssession post:p For any bag, I always try my best to get ones that have a zipper for the main compartment too, which this one does :)

Blouse: Forever21
Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch // Similar
Bag: Boohoo // Here 
Necklace: Amazon // HERE 
Ballet Pumps: New Look // Similar

I hope you all liked this little outfit - what do you usually wear on Sundays?



My exams are finally over! But I might still be a bit quiet on here for the next few weeks. I've been lucky enough to get an internship but won't have any internet to write up any posts or comments etc (and I don't have 3G :O) :( But I hope you all had a fabulous weekend :) Enjoy the rest of your day and have a great week! 



Take care and speak soon! 




You can also find me on:
     

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 

Lastest Posts:

Back to Front - Life as a Petite
Bubzbeauty Off Shoulder iHeart Top with Skater Skirt - Life as a Petite

Summer Wishlist - Life as Petite


 Clickable Comment Link



34 comments:

  1. Looking lovely! Very chic! Hope you are well & enjoying the summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much clare, that's very kind of you to say:) Hope you are too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love this kind of outfits! Casual, but still very elegant and pretty! I love your necklace <3

    Kisses, Kali
    | Kali's inspiration board |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kali - i'm still so obsessed with the necklace:p x

      Delete
  3. Hahaha Tiny who doesn't love a bargain ;-) You look lovely in your casual yet chic outfit. Amazing necklace. Love the bag Tiny, I am a bag person so to say, I just love bags, but come to think of it, there ain't much I don't love when it comes to fashion, hahaha.
    Happy Sunday girl
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww lenya, you're so sweet :) You've got an amazing fashion sense, i literally love every one of your outfits :) Hope you've had a great week and have a fab weekend lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! May have to invest in the necklace and blouse :)

    beautysaveuk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much laura! haha yes dooo, they're such bargains :) x

      Delete
  5. Love this look, so stylish and elegant!! :-) xxxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much holly!! hope you're well :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I usually dress casual like you do and yes! 3/4 length shirt is a must for me :) I can move my hand freely and it just feels good on me.
    The bag looks like Michael Kors! It's adorable, gonna check that, I also fond toward that such bag lately :)
    Have a nice day :)

    modimelodi | A blog by Moudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Moudy! That's exactly how i feel about ¾ length shirts too :)
      haha you're actually quite right - i'd love an MK bag but i'd need to save up quite a bit before i could afford one;p Have a great day yourself :) x

      Delete
  7. The accessories definitely make this outfit, the bag and necklace are gorgeous!

    Madeline x
    www.madstylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much madeline! I'm usually not too great with pairing an outfit with accessories so that's really sweet of you to say! x

      Delete
  8. thank you so much, i have done :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the necklace, I've seen loads like that about lately and I love the colour!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the necklace and cant believe the smart shorts are blouse are £9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! I couldn't believe it either-I just get so excited when I find a good bargain hehe:p thanks for passing by! X

      Delete
  11. That necklace is perfect!
    xoxo

    http://cutecreations15.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your necklace! You have great blog. I'm following you now on GFC as Katarina (#51)

    Love,
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVEEEE that necklace!!! It is so cute and makes that casual outfit look soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgan! I'm still experimenting with accessories to see what's best in making outfits more interesting hehe:) x

      Delete
  14. nice outfit. i love the statement necklace!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous post! Well done on getting through your exams and good luck on your internship! I'm sure you'll ace it! I love this outfit, it's feels very me, might have to steal for an ootd! You little trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww becky that really is such an incredibly sweet thing for you to say! And thank you so so much! It really is such a relief! Xxz

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much Louise! I'm glad you liked it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you casual Sunday outfit
    Hans teehunnah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice casual outfit :)

    I love fashion and also blog about it :D

    http://shanel-dion.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...