Monday 21 April 2014

Petite Outfit Idea #5: Monochrome (Smart Casual)

Boo!

I hope you're all making the most of the long weekend and glorious sunshine :) And I hope everyone had a great Easter! 



So today I have another outfit you all. I'm not sure whether many people feel the same as I do, but I absolutely hate it when events etc say 'Smart Casual'! I feel, for a girl, it's very difficult to know what to wear. You don't want to underdress but don't want to overdress either. Whereas a guy could go in a shirt and jeans/chinos which would be fine. So I thought I'd share one of my interpretations of 'Smart Casual'.
Petite Outfit Ideas: Smart Casual Monochrome || Life as a Petite
I really adore the monochrome look. It's so timeless and everyone can wear it well I think! It might seem a little boring but I just feel it's such a classic look :) I also love smart shorts and tie-neck tops. For me, they give a girly yet smart twist to an outfit.
Petite Outfit Ideas: Smart Casual Monochrome || Life as a Petite
Again I'm wearing my trusty Primark monochrome heels which I wore in these posts: Anniversary Outfit Idea and Business/Work Outfit. I just love them so much. I really want to get a black pair, but then I'd be tempted to get a nude one. I am also tempted to buy a bright coloured one, like a red...No, I've got to refrain myself from going mad haha. 
Petite Outfit Ideas: Yesstyle Lace Blouse || Life as a Petite
I must sound so boring ahah but I do love neutral/pastel colours. I don't think I particularly suit bright bold colours which is a shame because they're so beautiful esp to wear in summer :( But because of my love for more neutral colours and tie-neck tops, this blouse caught my eye. I just love how soft it looks and also the lace detailing at the back as well, which just gives it a bit more character.
Petite Outfit Ideas: Smart Shorts|| Life as a Petite'
These are actually my first pair of smart shorts - well I say they're smart shorts, they may well not be;p But I got these in Forever 21 in Hong Kong, and as they had a buy one get one free offer, I actually got these shorts for free! I love bargains far too much haha.  There's nothing too special about these shorts, just classic black 'smart' ones. But I like how there's a very subtle flare at the leg.

Top: Yesstyle // Here
Shorts: Forever 21
Necklace: H Samuel

Shoes: Primark

Below is just a little photo I took whilst enjoying the lovely weather - Spring is beautiful isn't it?
Summer Flowers || Life as a Petite
So, my current favourite 'song' to listen to is this instrumental cover of Let it Go. If you love Frozen as much as I do (you can read why I'm so obsessed HERE) do check out this beyond amazing arrangement! These guys are so talented. I first came across Jon Schmidt at a time when I was obsessed with Love Story by Taylor Swift. He did a mashup between Love Story and Viva La Vida by Coldplay, with Steven Sharp Nelson, which is also completely fabulous. You can find it here: Love Story Meets Viva La VidaAnother reason I can't stop listening to/watching them is the fact that you can tell how much they love what they are doing, how much fun they are having, and that there is so much passion and emotion in every video they upload :)



Anyway I hope you enjoyed this little outfit! What's your interpretation of Smart Casual? What would you wear?:)

Have a fab week everyone, take care and speak soon! 



I'm also on these other social mediums:)


48 comments:

  1. The concept of "smart casual" perplexes me as well... What on earth does it actually mean??! I think this outfit is perfect. Usually for smart casual, I'll do a J.Crew minnie pant with some sort of silk blouse. Love the tie front one you are wearing here!

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much for your kind words! I've never actually bought anything from J Crew but have heard so many great things about them so I should probably have a cheeky look on their website:p Thank you also for taking the time to look at my blog, I really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  2. I like your smart casual outfit! To me, it means something tailored, but cute...which your outfit definitely is! I'm glad you popped by...it's always great to meet another petite blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much! I'm still finding for more tailored things, but never seem any ones that fit a petite frame:/ I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog! Just hopping over to have a look at yours! x

      Delete
  3. Haha on the contrary, I find 'Smart Casual' easier for girls than guys! I think we can just throw on a dress and we'd be fine. :P Then carry a blazer just in case! ;) Whereas for guys, the risk of being too colourful for work could be a problem. But I absolutely loved your take on it. I've never paired shorts in that way but it goes so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I found it as simple as you do, whenever I wear a dress I feel too dressed up, but then again it's probably my choice of dress haha. But I think you're right about a blazer, it can make all the difference :) I've never actually come across a colourful dressed guy in a working environment haha;p Thank you very much, i'm glad you liked it :) Thank you for passing my blog Tiffany, really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  4. I love your smart casual outfit, and the Frozen cover is amazing!

    ANIKA MILLER // FASHION, BEAUTY AND LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anika! Isn't it amazing! I can't get enough of it - I have it on replay haha :p Thank you very much for commenting on my blog Anika, it really means a lot :) Just popping over to yours now :) x

      Delete
  5. I am going to steal that shirt right off of your back - it is SO cute! Too bad I'm not petite :-P

    peacockbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Gwen, you're so so sweet! It's such an adorable top right? Just so me haha. Thanks for passing by :) x

      Delete
  6. you have such a pretty blog! i'm new to blogspot and im happy to say that you're on of the first people that i follow! :)

    jae xx
    http://la-pout.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such kind words jae, for popping by and following! I really appreciate it! Welcome to the blogging world, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :) Although I'm still a bit of an amateur with all this blogging stuff, feel free to drop me an email or something if you need any help with anything, i'll try my best to help :) Going to pop by your blog as soon as I finish this post, thank you so much again! x

      Delete
  7. Love your smart casual look! The Forever 21 shorts are great, appropriate for every occasion. The blouse is also beautiful. When I feel unsure about what to wear, I dress in my LBD and match it with a denim jacket (a bit casual) of biker jackte (edgy).

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i quite like those suggestions for pairing an LBD, never thought of it actually, thank you Jasmine! Also for commenting again :) x

      Delete
  8. We have similar taste XD I love monochrome: black and white, my mom often forbids me to buy another white/black cloth anymore but I just can't stop doing it :) it's useful and yes, I love neutral a lot ^^ and you look comfy on your simple outfit but still look smart and gorgeous :)

    And 2, I love the Piano Guys! Yes, their arrangement for Frozen is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do! I actually only got into monochrome these past few years, trying to be more grown up i guess ;) Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you liked my post :)

      I really want to see them live, they're just so incredible...I'm off to re listen to them for the nth time ahha. Thanks for popping along again :)

      Delete
  9. Hey I love this outfit! it is gorgeous :)

    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC? Please follow and let me know on my blog and I will follow straight back :)

    beautysaveuk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for passing by laura, really appreciate it :) Just hoping right to your blog now :) x

      Delete
  10. them smart shorts are so pretty! <3 love it with the blouse!

    WISH UPON A SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much sammy, i really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  12. Love the top - the lace detailing at the back is beautiful! Gorgeous version of Let It Go as well <3
    http://rosekeats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lacing and bow at the front is what makes the top i think hehe;p Thanks for passing by :D x

      Delete
  13. I have no idea what smart casual means but at a guess it is probably a refined look. A dressy top and streamlined pants would seem to fit with that term; therefore, I think your outfit is very suitable. I think the blouse and shorts are so charming together.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sharon! I really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  14. Another fab outfit! I think it really works for smart casual. The blouse is stunning! I usually go for a dress maybe a more casual one dressed up with heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks becky!! Yeah the only thing I'm certain about smart casual is wearing heels :p Thanks for popping by again :) x

      Delete
  15. Wow,great post!
    Wedding Candy Bar post– http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2014/04/6.html
    http://instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful look!!! I like your blog!!
    would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marcela! :) Im following you on bloglovin! Cant seem to find your GFC though:/ x

      Delete
  17. Love this outfit, I never understand 'smart casual' but this is my perfect ideal, you've styled it perfectly!! :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you holly! I really appreciate it :) xxx

      Delete
  18. great outfit! you can't go wrong with black and white! :) x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sindy! that's very true, it's a safe look/choice, but one that can hardly go wrong :) Thankyou for passing by!! :) x

      Delete
  19. [ Smiles ] That outfit choice of yours was elegant.

    I also enjoyed the musical video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the video as well! :)

      Delete
  20. Just popping in to wish you a happy Friday girl.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so so sweet, thank you so much! Hope you're having a fab weekend :) x

      Delete
  21. What a beautiful outfit, looks lovely on you! Love this style of shirt, gives so much edge!

    Elisse x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads.
    I hope to give a contribution & help other customers like its
    aided me. Great job.

    Here is my web page :: mujeres solteras

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute, I love this shorts so so so much XDDD
    majnira.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the shorts! I've been looking for some 'smart' shorts so I'll have to see if I can find a forever 21 near me!
    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...